nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #194
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb-27 or sb-28?" Previous topic | Next topic
jna213     Basic Member Wed 01-Aug-01 02:16 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb-27 or sb-28?"

someone recently recommended the sb-27 to me as my first flash...but i don't particularly care for the design and the lack of bounce flash. i'm interested in the sb-28. i'd just like to know if 28 is worth the extra money over the 27 and if it'd be too much for someone who is finally getting his feet wet in flash photography? thanks for any input!
-jna

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Johnny   Westampton, US  Basic Member Wed 01-Aug-01 01:13 PM
1038 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb-27 or sb-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get the SB-28. If you got the SB-27, the first time you wanted to use bounce flash, you'd kick yourself.

Johnny

Johnny

---
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

heatload     Basic Member Fri 31-Aug-01 04:10 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb-27 or sb-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

The sb-27 has a builtin bounce flash adapter: am not sure what that means but it may be well worth it to look one up close at a local cam store. Your decision may rest on what camera you have now, can it use the pre-flash feature of the sb-28? Do you plan to upgrade the camera to one that can use that feature (F100, N80, etc.). Also, have you done a comparison of GN for both flashes? A more powerful GN would be better suited for bounce flash photos.

tissueman   Large, US  Basic Member Sat 15-Sep-01 04:57 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: sb-27 or sb-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get the SB-28 if you have the money. Else look for a SB-25 or SB-26 on E-Bay. I'm afraid you would be disappointed with the SB-27 as your primary flash.

benhurab     Basic Member Sun 16-Sep-01 12:16 PM
147 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: sb-27 or sb-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

sb-28 definitely. The cheapest I've seen so far is from:
http://www.aaacamera.com under accessories for US$273.69.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #194 Previous topic | Next topic