nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #18266
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why Should I buy the SB 800?" Previous topic | Next topic
needle   Tucson, US  Registered since 17th Mar 2006 Sat 11-Nov-06 06:08 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Why Should I buy the SB 800?"

I have the SB 80dx and a D2X. I use a home-made diffuser made from foamies material which works better than others I have tried.
What would I gain by buying the 800 over my present setup?
Harry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

anabasis Silver Member  Edwardsville, US  Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003 Sat 11-Nov-06 06:15 PM
1832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Why Should I buy the SB 800?"
In response to Reply # 0

iTTL and CLS add better performance and flexibility to the flash system that totally blow away what you can do with an 80DX. It's that simple, and that complicated.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit

needle   Tucson, US  Registered since 17th Mar 2006 Sat 11-Nov-06 06:26 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Why Should I buy the SB 800?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks JCA, that's exactly what I was afraid of <g>
Guess I will go ahead and do it because all the info I have found raves about the SB 800.
Harry

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #18266 Previous topic | Next topic