Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #17898
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb800s at events" Previous topic | Next topic
ahchee Registered since 24th Oct 2006Fri 27-Oct-06 10:03 AM
0 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb800s at events"

Brighton, UK

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of ditching my bowens kit in favour of something a bit more lightweight.

Is anyone out there using speedlights at events (maybe I should post this under the events section too)

Experiments on white backgrounds seem to give me hotspots, are there any light modifiers such as soft boxes or spill kills on the market? how many would i need to light a 9ft backdrop. would sb600s be ok for this as i think 3 more sb800s would be quite expensive. I currently have 1 sb800dx and 1 sb80dx (which is actually a bit useless as i can't get it to sync in radio mode).

thanks

Pete

www.petearciero.co.uk

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mhc Registered since 30th Oct 2005Fri 27-Oct-06 03:16 PM
285 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb800s at events"
In response to Reply # 0

Manchester, UK

Pete,

Check out the Strobist site - http://strobist.blogspot.com for an example of what can be done with "regular" portable speedlights. In particular, look at the sections of his "Lighting 101" tutorial that explain his kit choices.

HTH,

Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Fri 27-Oct-06 08:32 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb800s at events"
In response to Reply # 1

eugene, US

Your bowens boxs should be able to be adapted to the SB 800 with new speed rings.

See Photoflex.

Alienbees.com has some adapters to convert old Bownes sizes down to Balcar and from there with a drill the photoflex parts could be used.

The AB part is $15

ledmun

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #17898 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.