nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do I want a Flash Bracket or is there another option?

joey

Woodstock, CA
528 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
joey Registered since 24th Dec 2003
Mon 01-May-06 02:11 AM

I know a lot of questions are asked about this and it seems very much a personal choice but I just can't decide.

I cannot try the brackets beforehand in person without a bit of a drive so I am first seeking advice.

I have been leaning towards the stroboframe press t or the custom brackets cb junior. I don't want something too large and too goofy looking. I'm sorry I just find some of those really big brackets a little too much for me...

I like the idea of being able to change the orientation of the flash over the lens when doing vertical shots. I tend to do a lot of verticals so I like this option.

I mainly plan on using the bracket on the camera when doing candids and quick grab shots.

I find the handle on the cb junior seems to be in a useless spot. It appears as if it is only to carry your camera with?

I already own a sc29 off camera cable and I like the flexibility of using a bracket to keep the flash off camera so I am not slinging the flash over my shoulder on a dangling cable. Or do I want to attach and reaatach the cable when needed if not using a bracket.

I am wondering if there is perhaps another option to using off camera flash that isn't as bulky as a bracket?

These are just some random thoughts any advice would be appreciated...

thanks

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do I want a Flash Bracket or is there another optio

G