Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #13512
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB600 Tripod Mount" Previous topic | Next topic
yinger Basic MemberThu 02-Mar-06 04:03 AM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB600 Tripod Mount"

Vancouver, CA

Dear Nikonians,

I just want to know which accessories do i need in order to mount my SB600 onto a
tripod, so I don't need an assistant to hold up the flash.

I've been diging around online.. but can't find the right accessories.

Thank u all in advance,

Yinger

: yinger wong
:: vancouver, bc

www.yingerdesign.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SB600 Tripod Mount
edmun
02nd Mar 2006
wailingtoad
02nd Mar 2006
avm247 Moderator
02nd Mar 2006
yinger
03rd Mar 2006
RickW
06th Mar 2006
yinger
07th Mar 2006
tarafrost
07th Mar 2006

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Thu 02-Mar-06 04:48 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 0

eugene, US

It should have come with the AS-19 stand which will mount on a tripod

ledmun

wailingtoad Registered since 28th Oct 2005Thu 02-Mar-06 01:02 PM
1202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Yes, both the SB-600 and SB-800 come with the AS-19 stand which has a plastic hotshoe and a tripod socket. This, of course, assumes you are going to be using it as a wireless remote flash with some other flash (SB-800, D70 builtin flash, etc.) setup as the iTTL master.

Another option would be to get a SC-17, SC-28, or SC-29 flash sync cord. The hotshoe on these cords has a tripod socket on the bottom, and you maintain full iTTL functionality while having the flash off camera.

Jon

Jon Davis
My Nikonians Gallery
My Flickr Gallery
My Epson R2880 Tips & Tricks blog

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberThu 02-Mar-06 04:09 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 2

Rancho Cordova, US

An AS-10 also has a tripod 1/4"-20 socket but without the chord. This will work great in a wireless CLS mode.

"http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/items/37082.jpg?"

If you want a TTL chord: SC-17, SC-28, or SC-29 will work. (Yes, they will all work with I-TTL.)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Two is one, one is none."

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

yinger Basic MemberFri 03-Mar-06 03:15 AM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 3

Vancouver, CA

Thank you all for your prompt and helpful reply! I am going to give that a shot on my next photo shoot. Now I have an extra person around rather then holding the flash up high for me.. thanks folks!

www.yingerdesign.com

RickW Basic MemberMon 06-Mar-06 12:43 AM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 4

US

You might want to also have a look at this if you are firing your flash wirelessly. An indispensible item.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=349147&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

yinger Basic MemberTue 07-Mar-06 12:42 AM
#6. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 5

Vancouver, CA

what a great little gadget.. thanks.

www.yingerdesign.com

tarafrost Registered since 03rd Mar 2006Tue 07-Mar-06 02:28 PM
96 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: SB600 Tripod Mount"
In response to Reply # 5

Springwater, CA

I just picked up a couple of these "Justin" clamps (B/M 175F clamps)...very versatile.

JOBY is also coming out with a variant of their gorillapod that will have a flash shoe adapter on top. When it comes out, it might be a useful flash holding accessory as well. You can find a page on the Gorillapod here: http://www.joby.com/products.html

....Andrzej

Tarafrost Photography - Specializing in Wild-Life images

....Andrzej

Tarafrost Photography - Specializing in Wild-Life images

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #13512 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.