Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommendation for N80

14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
yellowjacket Basic Member
Wed 11-Jan-06 12:02 AM

I'd like to purchase a speedlight to use with my N80. I'm really a beginner photographer, and I've never used a speedlight before, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. For this purchase, the less money I spend the better. There a lot of features on different speedlights, and I really don't know what I need. Right now I'm annoyed with the harsh shadows behind subjects when using the on camera flash. I think I can eliminate this by bouncing the flash of the wall, right? I'm sure once I have a speedlight I'll find many uses for it!

I found some used SB-28s on ebay for a good price. Is this one I should consider? Or do I need a SB-600 or SB-800? Is there any reason not to buy a used new ones only last a year or two before dying?? I do not plan on switching to digital, so it doesn't need to be compatible with the DSLRs.

Thanks so much for whatever advice you can offer!

Reply message RE: Recommendation for N80