nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

rear curtain sync question

scjames702

Los Angeles, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
scjames702 Basic Member
Fri 09-Dec-05 02:30 PM

Greetings!

I have a D2X and SB-800 combination. I'd like to use rear curtain sync to more effectively imply motion. My question is this: When I set the D2X to "rear" and shoot, I get flash both at the start of the exposure and at the end. I think this is because the camera automatically selects slow sync mode in combination with rear curtain whenever the latter is selected. As "slow" fires at the start and "rear" at the end, I get both. Is that correct? More important, is there a way to stop the speedlight from firing at the start? Or is this not a problem? I also worry that the speedlight doesn't have the time to fully recycle before the second flash occurs.

Thanks,

Scott James

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: rear curtain sync question

G