nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #11054
View in linear mode

Subject: "which remote flash to get on budget" Previous topic | Next topic
zoom2zoom   US  Basic Member Wed 02-Nov-05 06:20 PM
625 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"which remote flash to get on budget"

Several Questions...

I have a D2X and SB-800, and 2 SU-4 remote units.

I like to use the SU-4 remotes for 2 slave flashes, what are some good (cheaper) flashes that I can use?

also, is there a way I can fire the SB-800 main flash without the flash going off, and still able to trigger the SU-4 units?

Thanks for the clarification.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

edmun   eugene, US  Registered since 16th Sep 2003 Wed 02-Nov-05 07:08 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: which remote flash to get on budget"
In response to Reply # 0

The SU-4 in manual mode are very sensitive and may be sensitive in IR as well as visible light if this is so the SB 800 could be covered with a IR cut off filter like a #87.

You could hard wire using a SC-17 or 28 cord and various extensions.

Cheap is not going to work as The SU-4 will only work with other Nikon flahes.

The new SU-800 controller might be one answer as it is a IR controller acording to th specs.

To eliminate pre flash -- A, M or AA

If you can do AC units look into Alienbee 400's at about 225 each.

How far are you needing the units to be from you.

The SB 600 may work but I have a hunch they are going to a lot of frustration. I am not sure but I think the features they have taken out of them are the ones you need.

ledmun

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #11054 Previous topic | Next topic