nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about standard TTL mode

zorch

Moscow, RU
83 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zorch Registered since 17th Sep 2004
Mon 13-Dec-04 11:20 PM

I am rather new to this, but as far as I can understand, when a camera is used with a flash in TTL mode, a separate exposure meter measures light reflected off the film and cuts off the flash when the film gets enough exposure.

I wonder what is actually measured: light from the entire frame or some particular spot? And what if the camera uses center-weighted exposure metering, is the TTL exposure meter also center-weighted? And if the camera has several exposure metering modes?

And finally, does the answer depend on the camera?

I am not talking about fancy TTL modes; just standard TTL.

Best regards,
Denis Kazakov

Best regards,
Denis
http://www.denis-kazakov.name

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Question about standard TTL mode Tamronguy
13th Dec 2004
Reply message RE: Question about standard TTL mode zorch
15th Dec 2004
     Reply message RE: Question about standard TTL mode avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Dec 2004
     Reply message RE: Question about standard TTL mode Tamronguy
15th Dec 2004
15th Dec 2004
Reply message RE: Question about standard TTL mode avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Dec 2004
15th Dec 2004
15th Dec 2004

G