nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #8715
View in linear mode

Subject: "disneyland camera" Previous topic | Next topic
rocketpat Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2009Wed 03-Nov-10 05:45 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"disneyland camera"

US

Hi all,

My family and I are headed to disneyland for a week and I am trying to decide whether to get a superzoom for my d200 or purchase a p7000.

Price is about a wash.

My concern is that the 200+zoom might just be too big...but it's faster...

Any thoughts?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

oneimadeearlier_26 Registered since 21st Oct 2007Wed 03-Nov-10 08:18 AM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: disneyland camera"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

It depends on whether you're used to carting a lot of kit around all day & rarely sitting down! Also depends on whether you'll actually be riding any of the rides.

If it were me, I'd either take an SLR with a short/medium zoom (& therefore needing only a small bag), or a good compact. Or possibly both... but I wouldn't take a superzoom. The 'fast 200+' lenses are heavy & by halfway through the week I doubt you'll still be carrying it.

I have been to Disneyland. I didn't take a long zoom & I still got lots of pictures which I was pleased with. If I went again I'd use my 16-35 as my main kit & take my TZ6 (which literally fits in even a small pocket) for any pictures I really needed the zoom reach for.

But the upshot is what you really want to take pictures of when you're there. If you're absolutely desperate for pictures for which you'll need a long & fast lens, I'd still suggest leaving it behind for at least the first day & taking a shorter lens. You can scout for picture ops for later in the week, & focus on enjoying the time with your family who might then be happy to 'let you get on with it' photographically later in the week!

Have a great trip whatever you decide, & post some pics for us to see!

or my website.

plankowner110 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Apr 2004Sat 06-Nov-10 02:09 AM
469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: disneyland camera"
In response to Reply # 1

Ohio, US

My preference would be the compact P7000. I been to Disney several times with the family, and my little P5000 was perfect.
Bill
Plankowner110
FM2n, D90, P5000

rocketpat Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2009Sat 06-Nov-10 06:08 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: disneyland camera"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks for the advice!

I think that I will get something more compact and pocketable.

Too many choices in the market place.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #8715 Previous topic | Next topic