Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #239
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon TC-E3ED 3X telephoto converter for Coolpix Digit..." Previous topic | Next topic
rldieb Basic MemberSat 14-Oct-00 01:21 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon TC-E3ED 3X telephoto converter for Coolpix Digital Cameras"

Has anyone had any experience using the new TC-E3ED 3X telephoto converter with a Coolpix digital. I have a Coolpix 990 and have considered acquiring one.
Any info would be appreciated, positive or negative !

Rich Diebold
Imperial, Mo.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Book Hunter Basic MemberSun 15-Oct-00 08:31 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon TC-E3ED 3X telephoto converter for Coolpix Digital Cameras"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi! I have been using the TC-E3ED with my Coolpix 950.

The lens is made with Nikon glass so the optics are excellent. In the defunct Nikontech forum for Coolpix, many others sang its praises.

There are some rather irritating features about it though. Once you put it on the lens, it blocks the auxiliary viewfinder. So the only way to frame a shot is with the LCD viewer. In bright sunshine, it then becomes extremely difficult to use. A sunshade helps, of course, but this now means you have multiple appendages sticking out of the camera.

One of the Nikontechs also said that you get vignetting when you put a filter on it. So have not even put a UV filter on it yet. I am trying to find a UV low-profile filter for it but can't seem to find one in stock. BTW, it takes a 62mm filter thread. The HN-23 lens hood fits on it.

All in all, though, other than these irritants, worth the money.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #239 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.