nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to attach a grip strap to CP990 cameras

BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Mon 15-Jan-01 04:31 PM

I've seen several requests around the web for info on using a grip strap the the CoolPix 990. The CoolPix has a strap tunnel that presents a challenge for mounting a strap, but I've worked out an easy way to do the trick.

I hope the illustration above is clear enough. I apologize for not showing the strap attached to the camera, but I'll have to shoot that using 35mm later on. The nylon cable tie loop is inserted to run through the strap tunnel and the "head" of the tie keeps it from pulling through. If you don't have a cable tie, use some nylon cord tied in a loop and use the knot to prevent prevent the loop from pulling through.

I use the Zing Action Strap. Op/Tech also makes a neoprene grip strap and both can be found for about $20 US. Nikon also makes a grip strap, but it's significantly more expensive.

Please let me know if you have questions. I know some folks have started using cat/dog collars for CP990 straps, but I think this will be much more comfortable and secure.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message Where did you find this?
Reply message RE: How to attach a grip strap to CP990 cameras
     Reply message using LCD with strap
          Reply message RE: using LCD with strap