Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #178
View in linear mode

Subject: "CoolPix "Pro One", 5.2megapixel" Previous topic | Next topic
daniel.chin Basic MemberWed 18-Apr-01 03:04 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CoolPix "Pro One", 5.2megapixel"

Taichung, TW

One local website said Nikon is going to release the first "digital rangefinder" with interchangeable lenses.
Any one can confirm that? I may have to postpone buying my next digital camera if it is true.
Thanks!
Daniel Chin
A Light Traveller
Taichung, Taiwan

Daniel Chin
A Light Traveler

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

khunpat Basic MemberWed 18-Apr-01 12:33 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Nikon Pro 1"
In response to Reply # 0

There was an april 1st hoax in France I believe which featured the so called 'Pro 1'. It caused a stir but was as I say, a hoax. Everyone is waiting for the next Nikon digital camera but it is only one year since they released the coolpix 990. Trouble is that if you buy a 990, some compact flash cards, lens converters and other accessories you can quickley spend a fortune. The 990 is already good enough for most people, if you want something much better then give it a couple more years. I'm happy with mine,

cheers, khun pat.

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberWed 18-Apr-01 01:37 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Pro 1"
In response to Reply # 1

Salt Lake City, US

Yes, the hoax was Photoshop manipulation of a Ricoh GR1 35mm camera. The latest rumor goes as follows (from the dpreview.com forum):

"According to sources from Japan, the replacement of the 990 is the 995. It's still a 3.34 mega pixel DC with following improvements:

4x optical zoom vs. 3x in the 990.
CF Type II support (IBM microdrive)

significant improvement of red-eye by repositioning the internal flash, no details where the flash is going to be

880 type rechargeble batteries instead of AA

Products are expected to available in May."

Interesting? Not to me. I'll keep the 990 until I can get a digital SLR body. It's too bad the hoax camera wasn't real. It would have been an exciting new concept in digital cameras.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #178 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.