Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #163
View in linear mode

Subject: "coolpix 800 darkend pictures" Previous topic | Next topic
cajuncookin Basic MemberWed 13-Jun-01 01:11 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"coolpix 800 darkend pictures"

New Orleans, US

I am relativly new to the digital world. I am shooting a nikon 800 and have a tendancy to use the flash often. I use the flash to fill in daylight shots as well as at night. I have noticed that my camera is now darkening up the shots I take with flash. If the scene is indoors and could be taken without a flash, and I elect to use the flash, the camera records a dark image barely visable.
I am more than confident that this is user error. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I have possibly activated in the menu that would cause this?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AlanC Basic MemberWed 13-Jun-01 05:53 PM
2700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: coolpix 800 darkend pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Forgive the obvious points first, but 1) the flash is firing, isn't it? and 2) check you haven't got the exposure compensation set to something like -2.

The only other suggestion I can make is to check IMG ADJUST setting on the M-REC menu: you might have that set to DARKEN - although that would be affecting all your images.

Alan.

cajuncookin Basic MemberThu 14-Jun-01 08:18 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: coolpix 800 darkend pictures"
In response to Reply # 1

New Orleans, US

Thanks Alan,

Believe me....the obvious usually applies with me!....but not in this instance.

Thanks for the tips on the exposure compensation and the image adjust. I will check them and post the results.

Thanks again!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #163 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.