nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #11055
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?" Previous topic | Next topic
jessoteric1 Registered since 29th Apr 2007Sat 10-Aug-13 02:04 PM
182 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?"

Sebastopol, US

My daughter is developing an interest in photography but doesnt want to start off with an DSLR.
I'm not familiar with the point and shoots but after reading some quick reviews it appears that you can get a lot of camera these days for a couple hundred bucks.
I was impressed with the L820 but have not seen any photos yet.

Does anyone own one or can can share some experience or insight?
Would appreciate some guidance.
Jess

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ctrclckws Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jul 2013Sun 18-Aug-13 03:29 PM
98 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Jersey City, US

I like the L820 that I have. It uses regular AA type batteries (4). The wide angle of 22mm will take in a large angle. As a test of the zoom ability, I took some pictures of my car from about 200ft.
At the widest angle the car is a dot. At 30x zoom (675mm) the rear end of the car fills the frame. And with 4x digital zoom (2750mm), the area between the taillights fills the frame. It is still a clean picture. I want to get the pictures in a gallery, if so, I'll post a note. And yes the price is very reasonable right now.

ctrclckws Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jul 2013Mon 19-Aug-13 01:40 AM
98 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 19-Aug-13 01:41 AM by ctrclckws

Jersey City, US

I've posted six pictures showing the different levels of zoom on the L820 and the P520.
Take a look at the Gallery and my user name.

Edward

jessoteric1 Registered since 29th Apr 2007Mon 19-Aug-13 03:03 AM
182 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Sebastopol, US

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and info. I did try to access your gallery as you suggested but there were no photos displayed.
Jess

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ctrclckws Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jul 2013Mon 19-Aug-13 09:14 AM
#4. "RE: Any thoughts coolpix L820 ?"
In response to Reply # 3

Jersey City, US

Sorry about that, Just started on this Forum, and still learning how to make it work. I've just tried again to Upload the photos.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #11055 Previous topic | Next topic