Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10807
View in linear mode

Subject: "AW100/AW100S/AW200" Previous topic | Next topic
fauvel Registered since 02nd Dec 2008Wed 05-Dec-12 12:36 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"AW100/AW100S/AW200"

CA

I have seen some ref to a AW200 but not on Nikon web site

Is there a AW 200 planned

I Owned a Olympus StylusTough 8010 for 1 1/2 year but it is defective now.

AW 100 looks good but it lacks tracking focus which i used a lot with the 8010.

Would a AW200 have it?

What is the difference between the AW100 and AW100S. No web site seem to see
any difference between the two!!!

I do lots of pictures during whitewater canoe trips. Waterproof is mandatory for me.

I plan to look into the D800 for more serious stuff but i would not take it on a
canoe trip.

Sylvain Fauvel
Fauvel <AT> emt <dot> inrs <dot> ca

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 05-Dec-12 04:42 AM
9453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: AW100/AW100S/AW200"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 05-Dec-12 04:49 AM by James23p

Memphis, US

I just spent some time on Nikon USA's website I can not find an AW100s just the AW100. As far as an AW200 I haven't kept up with the coolpix rumors but I would suspect there is one in the pipeline.

Here's a link to Nikon USA's website it does list a form of focus tracking on the specs page. "Subject Tracking that can continuously track a designated moving subject"

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/productID.236005400/ThemeID.18145600/Currency.USD?CID=SEM-0910-Google_aw100_review

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

fauvel Registered since 02nd Dec 2008Wed 05-Dec-12 12:26 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: AW100/AW100S/AW200"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

Thanks for the reply. A camera comparison web site did not mentionned
tracking, which caused the misunderstanding. It is definitely worth a
trip to the store to double check.

Sylvain

Sylvain Fauvel
Fauvel <AT> emt <dot> inrs <dot> ca

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10807 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.