Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10801
View in linear mode

Subject: "Confused!" Previous topic | Next topic
desertcliff Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Dec 2012Sat 01-Dec-12 01:09 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Confused!"

Cathedral City, US

I was very happy with my Coolpix 8800, but I finally wore it out and it no longer works. I'm looking for a newer model that's fairly easy to use and that will shine in photography of roses. Color is important (particularly reds). Can anyone point me toward an appropriate successor to the 8800 for such use?

Thanks very much!

Cliff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Confused!
James23p Moderator
03rd Dec 2012
desertcliff Silver Member
03rd Dec 2012
James23p Moderator
04th Dec 2012
desertcliff Silver Member
04th Dec 2012
Camel Toad
15th Feb 2013

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Mon 03-Dec-12 01:12 PM
9081 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Confused!"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Dec-12 01:23 PM by James23p

Memphis, US

Thats a tough question Cliff the new p7700 and p510 seem to be the modern version as the 8800, they share the same ability to use manual control and advanced flash controls. I'm not sure if they produce the same color palette but I'm sure you can adjust the color to your taste. But keh.com has some used 8800, 8700 coolpix's for sale.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

desertcliff Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Dec 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 10:32 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Confused!"
In response to Reply # 1

Cathedral City, US

I appreciate your response, Jim. I've not had any experience in purchasing refurbished camera equipment and am not familiar with keh.com. I had a look at their website and the prices are certainly attractive. However, I have no idea how long I might expect something purchased this way would likely last. It's definitely something to think about.

Cliff

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 04-Dec-12 04:48 AM
9081 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Confused!"
In response to Reply # 2

Memphis, US

Keh is very reputable and they have one of the best return policies and I do believe all their products unless indicated have a warranty.

I have a P7000 that does a very nice job and from what I can tell the newer P7100 and the newest P7700 do even better. Also have you considered the V1 of the Nikon one mirrorless system it is now selling for $299 with a lens since the new version is coming out this will give you near DSLR quality at a size smaller than your 8800.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

desertcliff Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Dec 2012Tue 04-Dec-12 07:02 PM
#4. "RE: Confused!"
In response to Reply # 3

Cathedral City, US

Good to know, thanks, Jim.

I looked at the Nikon One system when it first came out and wasn't particularly impressed, but will have another look at it. It's probably time for me to find the Digital SLR NIkon that I bought years ago and learn how to use it!

Thanks again.

Cliff

Camel Toad Registered since 06th Dec 2012Fri 15-Feb-13 02:34 PM
134 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Confused!"
In response to Reply # 4

Austin, US

>Good to know, thanks, Jim.
>
>I looked at the Nikon One system when it first came out and
>wasn't particularly impressed, but will have another look at
>it. It's probably time for me to find the Digital SLR NIkon
>that I bought years ago and learn how to use it!
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Cliff

You will find a lot of help with that around here

-

A friend of mine has a Nikon S8000 she bought refurbished after borrowing mine for a weekend. She has been using it for a few years without any issues at all, and she takes a lot of photos! A lot of the refurbished cameras had no problems to fix as they were bought and returned for whatever reason.

-James

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10801 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.