nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10786
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Ni..." Previous topic | Next topic
Nikon_mex Silver Member Nikonian since 21st May 2006Thu 01-Nov-12 02:35 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"

México, D. F, MX

Hello

Somebody knows if the new SB-N7 Speedlight can works well if I use it with my P7100 coolpix?

I already have a SB900 for my Nikon DSLR, but it is very bulky!!

The question is because this Flash was release for the Nikon 1 series.

I appreciate your help.

Eduardo Pino
Mexico

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P710...
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
01st Nov 2012
cliddell Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Nov 2012
Nikon_mex Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
cliddell Silver Member
04th Nov 2012

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberThu 01-Nov-12 08:19 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 01-Nov-12 08:19 PM by avm247

Rancho Cordova, US

The SB-N7 is only compatible with the Nikon V1 and V2 due to the flash shoe interface.
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/acil/accessories/speedlight_sb-n7/index.htm

According to Nikon USA...the SB400, SB600, SB700, SB800, SB900 and SB910.

I didn't see anything that said it was I-TTL only...so perhaps you can find a smaller used flash like the SB23, SB22/SB22s, SB-30 to add a bit more light. I can't seem to find anything definitive. Sorry.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 01:50 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"
In response to Reply # 1

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

I agree with Anthony, the P7100 and P7000 have a standard flash shoe and can accomodate "normal" Nikon Speedlights and they work perfectly in i-TTL.

I have tried an SB-23 and it will work well but only in manual mode - so you have to adjust aperture according to distance of subject in the usual (manual) way and the SB-23 has to be set to M.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberFri 02-Nov-12 04:15 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"
In response to Reply # 2

Rancho Cordova, US

Thanks, Clive.

It seems that Nikon have finally integrated TTL within the Coolpix lineup with accessory speedlights (YAY!) and older (read: film era) speedlights can be used in Manual or Auto (letting the speedlight determine flash exposure) modes.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Nikon_mex Silver Member Nikonian since 21st May 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 05:39 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"
In response to Reply # 0

México, D. F, MX

Thank you very much for your advices, comments and time.

So, I will buy the SB400 Nikon Flash, I think, this flash offer the right size for the P7100.

Eduardo Pino

Eduardo Pino
Mexico

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 04-Nov-12 06:43 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Does the Flash Nikon SB-N7 works well with the P7100 Nikon Coolpix?"
In response to Reply # 4

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Eduardo,

Yes the SB-400 is the perfect size for a small camera.

Just a small caution - using the SB-400 you will not be able to set it to "Master" and control other speedlights. The P7X00's are not able to control other speedlights with their built-in flash but if one of the higher spec speedlights is fitted to the camera then you can control remote speedlights.

If you are not planning on controlling other remote speedlights then I think you will be happy with the SB-400.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10786 Previous topic | Next topic