nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10778
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon coolpix S8000 - NTSC/PAL Terminology Clarificatio..." Previous topic | Next topic
nikoncompact Registered since 20th Oct 2012Sat 20-Oct-12 06:17 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon coolpix S8000 - NTSC/PAL Terminology Clarification"

AU

---This could be an elementary question---

However, I am bit confused about the NTSC/PAL terminology

and whether it is possible to change from NTSC to PAL so that my original source file becomes PAL:

I believe NIKON S8000 takes NTSC only because the output has hd (29.97fps, 1280X720) and there's no PAL setting! correct?

So whatever I take in HD 1280X720 needs to be converted to PAL to show in PAL SYSTEMS, correct?

I occasionally see excerpts that "Choose from NTSC and PAL"

But I suppose it only reflects on the TV connected output and even if my Nikon has been set to PAL in the , the output has still 29.97fps, 1280X720 which means it is still NTSC, not PAL

I was told to inquire about getting this hd NTSC (29.97fps, 1280X720) settings to PAL settings, how is it possible?

is this a stupid question!??

I appreciate your valuable input on this.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nikoncompact Registered since 20th Oct 2012Tue 23-Oct-12 10:44 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon coolpix S8000 - NTSC/PAL Terminology Clarification"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

No reply and no option to edit/delete it either
what a waste

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10778 Previous topic | Next topic