Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10771
View in linear mode

Subject: "P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360" Previous topic | Next topic
perboe Registered since 10th Oct 2012Wed 10-Oct-12 10:42 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"

Buenos Aires, AR

I own also a Panasonic FZ50 with a FL360 flash.
I would like to know if the flash is compatible with the P7100.
Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Thu 11-Oct-12 03:25 AM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

Redmond, US

Most flash are so matched to the camera maker it's not worth trying. 3rd party flash guns are tweaked to the varies camera makers spec so you buy a Metz with "adapters" as an integral part of the gun matched to the camera.
There is more to flash triggering that just the connections which are invariably identical. But you can easily burn either a camera circuit or flash circuit because the trigger voltage is different. I have used all sort of flash on the wrong camera many times & they will fire but rarely anything other than a full blast come from them & I did fry a gun using it on an in,arched camera.
Matching gives you far more flash control.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

Redmond, US

Most flash are so matched to the camera maker it's not worth trying. 3rd party flash guns are tweaked to the varies camera makers spec so you buy a Metz with "adapters" as an integral part of the gun matched to the camera.
There is more to flash triggering that just the connections which are invariably identical. But you can easily burn either a camera circuit or flash circuit because the trigger voltage is different. I have used all sort of flash on the wrong camera many times & they will fire but rarely anything other than a full blast come from them & I did fry a gun using it on an in,arched camera.

#3. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

Redmond, US

perboe Registered since 10th Oct 2012Thu 11-Oct-12 01:30 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 3

Buenos Aires, AR

Thanks for the reply.
I thought the same but may be was a chance.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10771 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.