nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon Coolpix Cameras (Public) topic #10771
View in linear mode

Subject: "P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360" Previous topic | Next topic
perboe   Buenos Aires, AR  Registered since 10th Oct 2012 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:42 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"

I own also a Panasonic FZ50 with a FL360 flash.
I would like to know if the flash is compatible with the P7100.
Thanks in advance.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Howker   Redmond, US  Registered since 21st Jul 2010 Thu 11-Oct-12 02:25 AM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

Most flash are so matched to the camera maker it's not worth trying. 3rd party flash guns are tweaked to the varies camera makers spec so you buy a Metz with "adapters" as an integral part of the gun matched to the camera.
There is more to flash triggering that just the connections which are invariably identical. But you can easily burn either a camera circuit or flash circuit because the trigger voltage is different. I have used all sort of flash on the wrong camera many times & they will fire but rarely anything other than a full blast come from them & I did fry a gun using it on an in,arched camera.
Matching gives you far more flash control.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

Most flash are so matched to the camera maker it's not worth trying. 3rd party flash guns are tweaked to the varies camera makers spec so you buy a Metz with "adapters" as an integral part of the gun matched to the camera.
There is more to flash triggering that just the connections which are invariably identical. But you can easily burn either a camera circuit or flash circuit because the trigger voltage is different. I have used all sort of flash on the wrong camera many times & they will fire but rarely anything other than a full blast come from them & I did fry a gun using it on an in,arched camera.

#3. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 0

perboe   Buenos Aires, AR  Registered since 10th Oct 2012 Thu 11-Oct-12 12:30 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: P7100 and Flash Panasonic DMW FL 360"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the reply.
I thought the same but may be was a chance.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon Coolpix Cameras (Public) topic #10771 Previous topic | Next topic