Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10763
View in linear mode

Subject: "P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots" Previous topic | Next topic
GolferChris68 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2009Sun 30-Sep-12 09:14 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"

Jefferson, US

Stopped at a car show on the way home from the camera shop, and did a little shooting to play around with my new P7700, and get an initial impression. Haven't done any low-light shooting yet, but the images I did capture yesterday had nice color, sharpness and contrast. Autofocus is pretty fast as well. Still a lot to learn about how my P7700 performs, but I did enjoy shooting with it yesterday. Should be a great little companion to my D600.

These were JPG images taken out of the camera, with some minor Lightroom adjustments (adjustments to contrast, highlights, and vibrancy, as well as resizing to 800px width, and low output sharpening for display in forum).

Regards,
Chris

--- http://www.pbase.com/cwhite3511 ---
--- My Nikonians gallery ---

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots
avalko Silver Member
16th Oct 2012
DonaldAllen
27th Feb 2013
ScottChapin Moderator
01st Mar 2013
Bearsmom2
05th May 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
18th Jul 2013

avalko Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Sep 2012Tue 16-Oct-12 07:52 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"
In response to Reply # 0

SK

Wow, great pics with this new model. By any chance, have you tested out the scene features? I'm curious to know how they look, i've only heard great things so far, minus not having the OVF. How would you describe your experience with it, overall?

DonaldAllen Registered since 13th May 2002Wed 27-Feb-13 01:37 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"
In response to Reply # 1

Carrollton, US

I have had mine for a couple of months, good pictures but I really miss the viewfinder, bad!

Donald Allen

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberFri 01-Mar-13 07:59 PM
8091 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"
In response to Reply # 2

Powder Springs, US

I bought my wife one for X-Mas. I miss the OVF, but I really do like the monitor.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Bearsmom2 Registered since 10th Jul 2012Sun 05-May-13 07:37 PM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"
In response to Reply # 0

Florence, US

Wow. Glad it makes such quality pictures. I just picked one up this week as a p&s. People are really inspiring me that its so much more.

Karen

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Thu 18-Jul-13 06:05 PM
3343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: P7700 - picked it up yesterday, grabbed a few shots"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:06 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

I am very, very impressed with your images and prefer real world users to guide me. I have been looking at a compact camera and have got it down to a short list of 3. My requirements must include an angled viewfinder, so goodbye to the Nikon A and the Canon G15. That leaves me with the P7700, Olympus STYLUS XZ-2 and the Canon G1x. The best value in money terms is the P7700, but the other two seem very credible cameras, especially the Olympus.

So, now that months have passed advice please and persuade me why the P7700 is the best buy for me? In the many comparison reviews I've read, the Olympus seems to be just ahead of the P7700. Has anyone any experience of full zoomed images?

This would be my pocket camera as the V1 is too big and no articulated screen and a travel backup to my D7100 and D800.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10763 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.