Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10578
View in linear mode

Subject: "P7100 metering" Previous topic | Next topic
Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Fri 25-May-12 05:07 AM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"P7100 metering"

Redmond, US

In case you miss it in the manual (easy) you cannot have Active D-lighting set & alter your metering options in the Shooting menu.
So when Active D-lighting is set it automatically sets metering to Matrix. There are no metering options. Of course it you have ADL Off then all the metering options are available.
It makes sense but a few people with the camera have asked me why they could not change the metering option. They had set ADL.
There is not a lot this little camera can't do but one thing I would add to the wish list is to be able to rename the folders. You can on the D7000 etc & it is so much better to have a folder name of your choosing even if it is just 3 letters instead of the usual 100NIKON.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSat 11-Aug-12 02:09 AM
10705 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: P7100 metering"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Mon 27-Aug-12 02:50 AM
3556 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: P7100 metering"
In response to Reply # 1

St. Augustine, US

I learned this today. It took me a long time to figure out why the metering was locked.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10578 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.