nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
DaynLarz

Blue Springs, US
300 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DaynLarz Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007
Wed 09-May-12 07:23 PM | edited Wed 09-May-12 07:25 PM by DaynLarz

HDR that is with a point ‘n shooter!

We have a local club. Many members have compact cameras and I am sure that they feel at times intimidated by those of us with DSLR cameras. So I try to explore ways to do things with my Coolpix L22 that they can do and encourage them to explore photography with the camera they have.

For this photo, I set the camera to landscape assuming that this mode would set the camera for aperture priority and put the camera on a tripod. Then I adjusted the exposure compensation level to -2 exposures. Shot the picture. Moved the exposure compensation to zero. Shot the picture. Moved the exposure compensation to +2 exposures. Shot the picture. And of course all the time being careful not move the camera too much.

Processed the 3 photos in Photomatix and post processed in PS Camera Raw 7. I’ve posted for comparison the normal exposure. Post processed it also in PS Camera Raw 7 with just about the same settings for the HDR photo. I believe that you can see the non-HDR photo has more contrast.

Anyhow, if you have compact camera and are wanting to explore some other aspects of photography, it can be done. You have to know what your camera can and cannot do.

Happy shooting!

Dayn Cederstrom
Blue Springs, MO

Normal Exposure

Click on image to view larger version

HDR Version (-2, 0, +2)

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: It Can Be Done! Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
11th May 2012
Reply message RE: It Can Be Done! jadiniz
29th Aug 2012
Reply message RE: It Can Be Done! russg Silver Member
01st Sep 2012
Reply message RE: It Can Be Done! jadiniz
01st Sep 2012
     Reply message RE: It Can Be Done! russg Silver Member
01st Sep 2012

G