Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #9886
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flashing F in LCD - Error Message?" Previous topic | Next topic
DovBaer Registered since 27th May 2006Sat 19-Aug-06 03:38 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flashing F in LCD - Error Message?"

Seattle, US

At times I get a flashing "F" in the upper right of the LCD. When I release the shutter nothing happens. I can clear this and return the camera to normal operation by taking the battery out and putting it back in.

Is this flashing "F" an error messsage?

Maimonides

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KevC1973 Registered since 17th Apr 2006Sat 19-Aug-06 04:42 PM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flashing F in LCD - Error Message?"
In response to Reply # 0

Is this just a once in a while occurence? A flashing F usually happens when you attach a non-cpu lens, or if it is a cpu-lens then maybe it has dirty connections or is not fully locked into place.

Check the connection points on both the body and lens, make sure they are free of any dust and dirt.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #9886 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.