Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #984
View in linear mode

Subject: "New member...saying hello with a big problem!" Previous topic | Next topic
D50Vette Registered since 09th Dec 2005Fri 09-Dec-05 12:13 AM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New member...saying hello with a big problem!"

Highland, US

I have successfully shot sunsets in the past, but had an issue recently with some sort of oval shaped thingy. I tested it today with a bright light to simulate the sun, and after changing some possible bad settings, I still had the same problem. I am hoping for some insight here. Thanks in advance!

here's a link to the test image, and feel free to browse my album.

I'm into cars too...see my ride, and friend's rides at my site... www.n2ovette.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Fri 09-Dec-05 12:32 AM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New member...saying hello with a big problem!"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Read this:
http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID86/15257.html

D50Vette Registered since 09th Dec 2005Fri 09-Dec-05 01:12 AM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New member...saying hello with a big problem!"
In response to Reply # 1

Highland, US

Thank you. That helped a little. It indicates no need to worry, but unclear whether the f-stop solution has actually worked. I've used several settings with the same issue.

I'm into cars too...see my ride, and friend's rides at my site... www.n2ovette.com

D50Vette Registered since 09th Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 03:32 PM
#3. "RE: New member...saying hello with a big problem!"
In response to Reply # 2

Highland, US

Update:

Email from Nikon service indicates this is within specs for the D50. They recommended some differents settings...(mine were way off...darn rookies!)...and tests have proven them right! I need to learn my settings much better. Thanks for the replies!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #984 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.