Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #982
View in linear mode

Subject: "First lens for D50 ---" Previous topic | Next topic
kshep Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2005Thu 08-Dec-05 11:26 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"First lens for D50 ---"

I will be picking up my D50 soon, and can't decide which lens or lenses to get. I will primarily use it for landscape when hiking, with occasional pictures of my son running around and such.

I can't decide between getting the Nikon 18-70mm or getting the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 with a wide angle lens, like the Tamron 17-35mm 2.8-4, or say a nikon 20mm 2.8.

Will the quality be worth the extra $$$ to go for the 2-piece setup? Or will the difference be negligible?

Thanks in advance!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Fri 09-Dec-05 04:45 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: First lens for D50 ---"
In response to Reply # 0

eugene, US

How to ask a hard question.

There is no answer. I like my 18-70 but the 2 lens zoom system will give you more range and better low light use.

Get all three -- and solve the problem.

ledmun

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #982 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.