nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lens advice for D-50 purchase

Bulldog

Atlanta, US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bulldog Registered since 08th Dec 2005
Thu 08-Dec-05 03:15 PM

Greetings Nikonians and thanks in advance for any advice. By intor i am a former SLR film (Pentax K-1000) user who can't stand point and shoot cameras. I waited for digital SLR's to get to the point they were affordable and now want to buy the D-50. Having read some reviews on the "kit" lens (ie 18-55), I am wondering do I buy the body alone then purchase another lens or 2 lenses other than the kit. My general uses are sports, taking pictures of my sone playing basketball, baseball and football, taking pictures of my children and grandchildren, and general vacation scenery. I know that is pretty vague and general but any advice would be appreciated. Any advice on what accessories I shoule start out with such as memory (is 1GB really what is needed or can I get by with 256 if I save and download frequently?) UV lens filter I gather is needed...

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase debarshiduttagupta
08th Dec 2005
Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase Shred
08th Dec 2005
     Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase Aphex
08th Dec 2005
Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th Dec 2005
Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase Bulldog
08th Dec 2005
     Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase Shred
08th Dec 2005
     Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase DofN
09th Dec 2005
          Reply message RE: Lens advice for D-50 purchase edmun
10th Dec 2005

G