Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #890
View in linear mode

Subject: "downloading pics to your computer..." Previous topic | Next topic
jetswin Registered since 02nd Mar 2002Tue 06-Dec-05 06:51 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"downloading pics to your computer..."

US

Hi everyone, I need a computer expert here I guess, when I download pics from my D50 to my computer I chose import, and everything on my computer gets duped and my pics don't come off the disc.

Can anyone straighten out an obvious newbie to the world of digital cameras?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: downloading pics to your computer...
Shred
06th Dec 2005
jetswin
06th Dec 2005
Shred
06th Dec 2005
espuna
07th Dec 2005
jetswin
07th Dec 2005
espuna
08th Dec 2005
K1W1
08th Dec 2005
espuna
08th Dec 2005

Shred Registered since 28th Oct 2005Tue 06-Dec-05 06:58 PM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 0

FI

Some questions.
Do you have MAC or PC?
What OS you are using Windows XP, OS X, Linux?
With what program are you importing the pictures?

jetswin Registered since 02nd Mar 2002Tue 06-Dec-05 07:33 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 1

US

PC
windows xp
the program is the one that came with the camera, nikon picture it I think...

Shred Registered since 28th Oct 2005Tue 06-Dec-05 09:16 PM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 2

FI

Does Windows recognise the camera (or card reader) when you plug it to the USB port?
If it does it is very easy to go and copy the picture files from the memory card via "my computer".
I dont use any dedicated software for copying images from memory card to PC so this is all i can do to help you.

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Wed 07-Dec-05 06:08 PM
#4. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 3

Mazarrón, ES

To download new pictures from a camera/card reader you should use the "Transfer" icon.

"Import" is for loading existing photos on the hard drive

See page 4 of "Getting started" section of Pictureproject manual.

jetswin Registered since 02nd Mar 2002Wed 07-Dec-05 08:19 PM
#5. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 4

US

ahhh...thanks

btw, I don't think I have a manual, I'll have to look around.

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Thu 08-Dec-05 09:05 AM
#6. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 5

Mazarrón, ES

The manual is on the black CD which is the same envelope as the CD with the program.

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Thu 08-Dec-05 08:10 PM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 0

Melbourne, AU

Forget software and all that stuff. Get a USB card reader, connect it to your PC, take the SD card out of the camera and put it in the card reader. The SD card will show as a drive on your PC and you just drag the images to wherever you want them using Windows Explorer or whatever method you normally use for moving files.
When finished put the card back in the camera and use the delete all function to delete the images and if you want reformat the card before you put new images on it (some people do that each time they empty a card).

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Thu 08-Dec-05 09:38 PM
#8. "RE: downloading pics to your computer..."
In response to Reply # 7

Mazarrón, ES

Pictureproject can read the cards direct, rename the files and delete them automatically, if required. Very simple operation.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #890 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.