Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #887
View in linear mode

Subject: "which 2-lens combo should i buy?" Previous topic | Next topic
leungkev Registered since 06th Dec 2005Tue 06-Dec-05 05:08 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"which 2-lens combo should i buy?"

I'm buying a D50 and I'm trying to decide between the following lens combos: 18-55 plus 55-200, or 18-70 plus 70-300G. The second is about $100 more. Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 06-Dec-05 05:43 PM
29083 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: which 2-lens combo should i buy?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Please post replies to this question in this thread in the Nikkors forum.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

spilot77 Registered since 06th Dec 2005Tue 06-Dec-05 09:17 PM
154 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Depends on what you are shooting"
In response to Reply # 0

Gadsden, US

I bought my D50 with the 18-55 & 55-200 kit and the 55-200 is too slow (only goes to f4.5) for many of my pictures. I bought the camera primarly because my point & shoot digitals were not fast enough to take pictures of my daughter's basketball games. I wish I had come to this site before I purchased my camera package and I would have went with a different lens set up. I love the camera, just wish I had gotten a different long zoom.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #887 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.