Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #8745
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 connected via IEEE 1394" Previous topic | Next topic
yagua Registered since 13th Nov 2005Sat 08-Jul-06 11:08 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 connected via IEEE 1394"

US

Hi all, sorry for this question but I would like to know if is possible to connect my D50 to my laptop via IEEE 1394 maybe using an adapter USB to 1394?.
I'm asking this because when I use Nikon Capture being my camera connected to my laptop via USB I have to wait for about 8 second to show the pic that I took in my laptop, resolution is Large Fine.
Thanks for your Help
Yagua

www.alojeda.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberSun 09-Jul-06 12:13 AM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 connected via IEEE 1394"
In response to Reply # 0

Sammamish, US

It sounds like you only have USB 1.1 not 2.0. You can get a PC card (PCMCIA) USB 2.0 adapter.

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Sun 09-Jul-06 12:40 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 connected via IEEE 1394"
In response to Reply # 1

Melbourne, AU

>It sounds like you only have USB 1.1 not 2.0. You can get a
>PC card (PCMCIA) USB 2.0 adapter.

PC Card and PCMCIA are two entirely different things. PCMCIA is a 16-bit format (equivalent to the old ISA bus on a PC) and will only support USB 1.1. PC Card is a 32-bit format (equiv to PCI) and will support USB 2.0.
You cannot put a PC Card into a PCMCIA slot but you can do the opposite.

Going back to the original question. I doubt that you could use a IEEE1394 -> USB adapter. I'm not sure such a thing actually exists but if they do a card reader woul probably be more likely to work then direct connection of the camera.

My suggestion would be to copy the images to the hard drive either from the camera or (better option) via a card reader then once they are on the hard drive open and manipulate them.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #8745 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.