Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #858
View in linear mode

Subject: "Got my wife a D50 kit today. Pleasantly Suprised!" Previous topic | Next topic
markeggers Registered since 23rd Nov 2005Mon 05-Dec-05 04:55 AM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Got my wife a D50 kit today. Pleasantly Suprised!"

Phoenix (Queen Creek), US

Hello all,

I pickd up a D50 kit today for my wife.

I must admit I am pleasantly suprised with this little camera.

I am still a film user mainly due to three things.
Dynamic Range
1.5 crop factor
The speed at which digital cameras become obsolete.

This camera is quite impressive though. I would say it has the most bang for the buck of any digital SLR.

I must admit, the photos are very impressive. Nikon has done great with this camera's dynamic range. Not yet as good as film, but headed in the right direction.

The thing is so light. I shoot with a F6 and battery grip combo. My wife hates the weight, so you can probably imagine how this camera could appeal to her.

Well I am sure she will get alot of enjoyment from this camera. I will recommend this site if she has any questions.

Mark

Life is short. Live it with integrity,
leaving the world a better place than
you found it.

www.knmphotography.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soupdragon Basic MemberMon 05-Dec-05 06:42 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Got my wife a D50 kit today. Pleasantly Suprised!"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, an F6, I can only dream about owning one of those.

markeggers Registered since 23rd Nov 2005Mon 05-Dec-05 10:40 AM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Got my wife a D50 kit today. Pleasantly Suprised!"
In response to Reply # 1

Phoenix (Queen Creek), US

It is a nice camera, it is still the person behind the lens that makes the photo. The camera just makes it a little easier.

Good shooting

Mark

Life is short. Live it with integrity,
leaving the world a better place than
you found it.

www.knmphotography.com

soupdragon Basic MemberMon 05-Dec-05 06:14 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Got my wife a D50 kit today. Pleasantly Suprised!"
In response to Reply # 2

I know, but wow, an F6, you have no idea how much I want one of those.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #858 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.