nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem viewing photos on PC

Manuallyfocused18

New York, US
63 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Manuallyfocused18 Registered since 05th Dec 2005
Mon 05-Dec-05 04:50 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have had my D50 for about a month and a half now. I'm really happy with the pictures I'm taking with it and how quickly I am getting the hang of using it so far, but I've noticed that when I've gone to transfer pictures to my computer to view them or put them through photoshop they will sometimes not show up as jpegs and won't let me see or edit them in photoshop or in windows.

I use a sandisk sd/CF reader to transfer the photos and I never had problems in the past with my canon, which uses CF cards to store images. However, when I pull my card out of my D50 and put it in the reader, some of the images in the card won't show up as thumbnails and won't allow me to preview (when i try to open them in preview it says "drawing failed" or "preview unavailable"). If I try to open them in photoshop it says "invalid jpeg marker" and won't open them up.

This only happens with a few photos every so often. If anyone could shed light on why this is happening or how to go about fixing it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

If it ain't broke yet, it will be by the time I'm done fixing it

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC soupdragon
05th Dec 2005
Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC sillyconguru
05th Dec 2005
     Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC K1W1
05th Dec 2005
          Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC Manuallyfocused18
05th Dec 2005
               Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC Drewhound
06th Dec 2005
                    Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC Manuallyfocused18
06th Dec 2005
                         Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC Drewhound
06th Dec 2005
                              Reply message RE: Problem viewing photos on PC K1W1
06th Dec 2005

G