Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #787
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 Focus area indicator" Previous topic | Next topic
soupdragon Basic MemberWed 30-Nov-05 11:26 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 Focus area indicator"

Having further read the manual I see that when selecting the focus point or area only one of the segments should illuminate red.
I know it says in the book you also have to change something in the af area selection menu as well but this appeared to make no difference.
On my copy it appears all the focus area points including the circle illuminate. Is this normal?, the reason I ask is, I find it vey easy to accidentally change the focus point when working with the rear lcd menu.
More to the point, is it possible to lock the focus zone/area to prevent accidental movement?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Aphex Registered since 30th Oct 2005Wed 30-Nov-05 01:06 PM
199 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 Focus area indicator"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

All of the points illuminate red, but only one should have a solid line, which makes it more red. That's the AF-point. As far as I know, you cannot lock it to one point. However, even without the red light, it should be possible to see which of the points is your focus point (the solid line).

soupdragon Basic MemberWed 30-Nov-05 06:39 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 Focus area indicator"
In response to Reply # 1

Oh well, sounds like another thing I need to get used to.
Thanks for that.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #787 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.