nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Please help solve my confusion

justmyhobby

Brisbane, AU
235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
justmyhobby Registered since 29th Nov 2005
Tue 29-Nov-05 06:10 PM

Hello Everyone....

I am looking forward to buy a D50.....but i am confused (like many others).....D50 or D70s.....

I am a hobby photographer and currently i own an f75.....i dont know if i should mention it here but i had originally made up my mind to buy the rebel XT.....one reason was that i presume that canon has better lenses (correct me if i am wrong).....but on actually holding the camera i was not impressed with its build quality and size.....i feel that although its a DSLR its a camera which is between some point and shoot cameras and DSLR segment.....anyways....i got to click a pic from the XT and the D50....there was a difference (i guess that was due to white balance) and later studying the review of d50 here at nikonians i realized thats because a default IIIa setting which makes the pics more saturated.....anyways.....the XT is almost out of my reckoning.....

now the issue is d50 or d70s.....i dont know much abt photography as such.....why i wanna get a dslr is so that i can immediately see if the pics i have clicked have come good or not.....cause many a times i take some pictures with different exposures which donot come out good and make me feel depressed.....so basically i wanna learn about different exposure modes etc.....i know about the differences between the two cameras....i have read them.....but how much do these actually matter is what i am not able to find out....also consider this that i may probably not upgrade to any other camera....so its like a long term investment....

so please suggest me what should i do....

thanks
kush

JustMyHobby
I prefer them straight out of the camera.

Visit my Flickr Page.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Please help solve my confusion