nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #774
View in linear mode

Subject: "Camera Settings" Previous topic | Next topic
Cooldisk_43     Registered since 29th Nov 2005 Tue 29-Nov-05 05:01 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Camera Settings"

I am a new owner of the D50 and I have not had the opportunity to experiment with the camera yet...crazy thing called a "job" keeps getting in the way. I am looking for the best settings for indoor sports / action photos / no flash. Is WB Preset the best way to go?

Thank You!!

Thank You!!

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Shred   FI  Registered since 28th Oct 2005 Tue 29-Nov-05 08:29 PM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Camera Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Preset or manual WB might be the best choice if the lights are uniform.
I'd shoot RAW if possible because it offers superior post processing abilities.
Indoor sports require high ISO and a very fast lens if you want to freeze the action.

soupdragon     Basic Member Tue 29-Nov-05 08:30 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Camera Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

That's a tough question.
In my limited experience you are going to need a long fast lens and you are going to have to use high ISO figures.
Both of these come at a cost, financial for the lens and noise for high ISO settings.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #774 Previous topic | Next topic