nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #7262
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will get my new D50 in a few days and...." Previous topic | Next topic
FJMD50 Silver Member  Lakeland, US  Nikonian since 15th Dec 2005 Fri 19-May-06 11:36 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Will get my new D50 in a few days and...."

I know there is a case forum but I posted there and got no answer. Please help me!

Toploader case for a D50 with a 18-200 DX

Hi
I will receive my new D50 in a couple of days and I will need a case for it.

I have been searching in the Forum and I will like a Toploader case. I will receive the basic kit 18-55, but I know that in the future I will get a 18-200 DX.

I do not pretend to carry 2 lenses, but maybe a flash.

Any ideas for a Toploader case in which this setup will fit?
I will have to buy it on the internet and I cannot try it.

Will a 65AW or 70AW or 75AW or any other toploader you can suggest.

Thanks

Regards

Federico
Lakeland, Florida

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography   Memphis, US  Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004 Sun 21-May-06 05:30 PM
10099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Will get my new D50 in a few days and...."
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry you haven't gotten a responce. I think the Tamrac Velocity 7 or 9 would do nicely. It is a sling bag that top loads and will have enough space to add a flash and a few other small items. As far as a strict toploader Lowpro makes a few good ones so does Tamrac.

My suggestion is when you get your D50 go to the store and try a few because bags are very personal things and you need to see how they feel with the camera in them and how they carry for you. Kind Regards Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

K1W1   Melbourne, AU  Registered since 19th Nov 2005 Sun 21-May-06 10:46 PM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Will get my new D50 in a few days and...."
In response to Reply # 1

The problem I have with toploaders is simply that they look like camera cases.
"Hey, I've got an expensive camera inside - steal me!"
I can see that they are useful in some types of photography but for general use I think eiher satchels or backpacks blend in better.
My personal preference is Crumpler but a good place to start looking for an overview is www.cambags.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #7262 Previous topic | Next topic