nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What is the Best lens for D50 ?

vsrinu30

17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vsrinu30 Registered since 26th Nov 2005
Sat 26-Nov-05 03:24 PM

After reading lots of reviews about the entry level DSLR's, initially I have decided to go with KM 5D because of its Anti-shake. But after comparing the image quality and the ease of use then I have decided to go with Nikon D50 because of its Sharp photos and low Noise levels when compared to its competitors.

I am buying this camera for general purpose shooting like Family photos, portraits (blurred background), Birds, Nature, flowers and wildlife and looking for a All-in-one lens so that there should be no need to change & carry lenses also expecting respectable image quality.

My maximum budget is between $ 300-400 USD and I understand that I can't get the image quality of prime lenses, but want to get at least minimum respectable image quality with No focus errors and want to make best possible choice. After reading many lens reviews Following were my considerations.

1. 2 Kit Lenses (18-55mm, 55-200mm)
{low price but have to keep changing lenses}

2. Tamron (28-300mm)
{This is the range I need but has Mixed reviews, but does this lens give respectable picture quality and sharpness?}

3. D50 Kit lens (18-55mm) + Nikon 70-300mm
{Need to change lenses, but 70-300mm has got mixed reviews & does it deliver sharp images at 300mm ?}

4. D70 Kit lens (18-70mm) + Nikon 70-300mm
{Need to change lenses, but 70-300mm has got mixed reviews & does it deliver sharp images at 300mm ?, D70 kits lens little over my budget}

5. Nikon (28-200mm)
{Better reviews, No need to change lenses, want to go with this lens, looking around if there is any other better lens to be considered than this lens}

6. Nikon 18-200mm VR
{Yet to be released, good expectations, need to see the performance, but $350 over my budget}

I welcome all your suggestions and would like to know if there are any other better lenses to consider. I would appreciate if some one can send me some pictures from Nikon 20-200mm lens to vsrinu30 @ yahoo.com would like to check the image quality in full size.

Is it safe to use real cheap china made third party flashes with D50. I have used this flash with Nikon FM 10 (Full Manual) Camera and had no problems. Is there any thing which I need to consider before using such flashes, because I don't want to spoil my camera.

Thanks to every one in advance.
vsrinu.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What is the Best lens for D50 ?

G