Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #6351
View in linear mode

Subject: "DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Releas" Previous topic | Next topic
CobePhotography Registered since 13th Apr 2006Wed 19-Apr-06 04:03 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Releas"

US

Anybody use/ heard of/ or have info on this product?

I can't even find a picture, however I can find multiple places to buy. Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Brian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re
Reding
19th Apr 2006
CobePhotography
19th Apr 2006
K1W1
20th Apr 2006
lambert13
20th Apr 2006
Rickard_F
20th Apr 2006
Rickard_F
26th Apr 2006
hivnerjc
21st Apr 2006
CobePhotography
22nd Apr 2006
hivnerjc
24th Apr 2006

Reding Basic MemberWed 19-Apr-06 09:57 PM
186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 0

Mason City, US

I don't have experience with it, but if you could let me know where the places to buy are, I am interested in a power grip with shutter release myself (got too used to it with my Coolpix 8700).

Thanx!

Reding, A Midwest Nikonian
"What the imagination seizes as beauty must be true, whether it existed before or not."

CobePhotography Registered since 13th Apr 2006Wed 19-Apr-06 11:06 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 1

US

if you google "DIGIPOWER PG-ND50" you'll find a few places (maybe 3) that you can purchase the grip (with shutter release - as it states)however, there are no pics shown anywhere. The digipower grip for the d70 & d70s (pg-nd70) has a shutter release... but I will not buy without seeing a pic first.. maybe you're more willing than I am, but let me know if you end up finding a pic or other info. Thanks...

here are a few links I googled already...

http://www.merchantamerica.com/discountedelectronics/index.php?ba=product_enlarge&product=73124

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/dgppgnd50.html

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Thu 20-Apr-06 05:40 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 2

Melbourne, AU

I suspect that it's either a typo or simply vapourware.
None of the other manufacturers of grips for the D50 have been able to figure out how to produce a version with a second shutter release. The D50 has no real facility for that short of some engineering construction using an IR sender mounted to the front of the body.
My advice would be to NOT buy this product until you have done two things.
1. Seen photos.
2. Seen a review or actually used a version so that you can confirm it works.

lambert13 Registered since 19th Apr 2006Thu 20-Apr-06 12:15 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 3

Schenectady, US

The battery grip for the D50 is not even listed on the DIgipower website. They do show a grip for the D70, but nothing else.

Nikon D50
18-55 Kit Lens
50mm 1.8 AF
75-240 AF

Rickard_F Registered since 16th Dec 2005Thu 20-Apr-06 10:38 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 4

Karlstad, SE

I have emailed digipower and several online stores as well as a few ebayers selling this item to get a confirmation if it has the secondary button and requested a picture. If possible please do the same. The more we are that ask the greater the chances are that we get an answer.

Ill post my findings here.

( Rick

"when operating the diopter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidently"

-D2Hs Semper fidelis

Rickard_F Registered since 16th Dec 2005Wed 26-Apr-06 09:32 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 5

Karlstad, SE

Dear Rickard
Thank you for contacting Digipower
The Grip for the Nikon D50 is available; however, it does not have a shutter release button. Website that advertise it must be mistaken with the Grip for the D70 that does include a shutter release button.

Best Regards
Raphael Dayan

Digipower

Visit our Website
Visit our Blog

Bldg. B, Ste. 4G
140 58th St.
Brooklyn, NY, 11220

"when operating the diopter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidently"

-D2Hs Semper fidelis

hivnerjc Registered since 21st Apr 2006Fri 21-Apr-06 06:50 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 0

Reading, US

I don't know about the Digipower, but I just received my Hoodman LCD cover today and they list a HPG-D50 powergrip. It uses a wireless infrared signal to release the shutter. I couldn't find it on their website, but it is listed in the catalog they sent with the cover

CobePhotography Registered since 13th Apr 2006Sat 22-Apr-06 12:38 AM
#7. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 6

US

cool, does the catalog have pictures???

hivnerjc Registered since 21st Apr 2006Mon 24-Apr-06 10:33 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: DIGIPOWER PG-ND50 Vertical Power Grip w/Shutter Re"
In response to Reply # 7

Reading, US

Yes, it has pictures. But I checked the website again and nothing on powergrips.
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #6351 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.