nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #5320
View in linear mode

Subject: "SANDISK 2 GB" Previous topic | Next topic
BUPA Registered since 22nd Mar 2006Sun 26-Mar-06 06:40 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SANDISK 2 GB"

DUBAI, AE

I WAS WONDERING IF THE SANDISK 2 GB SD CARD WILL WORK ON THE D50 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, IN THE D50 MANUAL ITS BEEN SAID TO USE 1 GB ONLY ...PLS ADVISE
REGS

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

britkev Registered since 11th Sep 2004Sun 26-Mar-06 07:46 AM
305 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SANDISK 2 GB"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

Will work just fine: the D50 manual was written before 2Gb cards existed. Cards larger than 2Gb will not work, however, because the D60 uses the FAT16 file system which cannot work with anything bigger than 2Gb

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BUPA Registered since 22nd Mar 2006Sun 26-Mar-06 07:59 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SANDISK 2 GB"
In response to Reply # 1

DUBAI, AE

THANKS BRITKEV GONNA GET ME ONE SOON .

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Sun 26-Mar-06 10:46 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SANDISK 2 GB"
In response to Reply # 1

Melbourne, AU

>Will work just fine: the D50 manual was written before 2Gb
>cards existed. Cards larger than 2Gb will not work, however,
>because the D60 uses the FAT16 file system which cannot work
>with anything bigger than 2Gb

Gee great minds must think alike. I posted almost the exact same worded reply on DPReview earlier today.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #5320 Previous topic | Next topic