Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #523
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 Please Look" Previous topic | Next topic
jsaniuk Registered since 18th Nov 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 10:34 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 Please Look"

Hi I have never had a DSLR before and I am thinking to get a D50 nikon just the body... would the

Nikon AF Nikkor 28-80mm 1:3.3-5.6 G
70-300mm 1.4-5.6 G
that are currently with my film nikon slr , would these 2 lenses work witht he d50 ty?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 Please Look
sillyconguru
18th Nov 2005
bernie76
18th Nov 2005
jsaniuk
18th Nov 2005
aacycles
19th Nov 2005
jsaniuk
19th Nov 2005
edmun
19th Nov 2005
debarshiduttagupta
20th Nov 2005

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 10:57 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Yes, they'll work. They would have the field of view similar to 42-120mm & 105-450mm though.

bernie76 Basic MemberFri 18-Nov-05 11:00 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego, US

Yes these lenses will work fine with the D50. This is the nice thing about Nikon. virtually all their lenses from the last 30 years will work on all Nikon cameras. (with some exceptions and limitations) a 20 year old manual focus Nikon lens will of course only work as a manual focus lens on your D50 and metering won't work, but the lens will take a good picture.
The G lenses work great, metering AF etc.
Remember though, that with all digital cameras the focal length of you lenses changes. Multiply the focal length of any lens by approximately 1.5, to find it's correct focal length with a digital camera. Your 28-80 becomes a 42-120, and your 70-300 becomes a 105-450!

Best of luck. I love my D50, and I hope to have a gallery up on Nikonians soon.

Scott

Some people are like slinky toys, not
really good for anything, but still bring
a smile to your face when you push
them down a flight of stairs....

jsaniuk Registered since 18th Nov 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 11:16 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 0

what kind of memory card can d50 use and what are the best types?

aacycles Registered since 30th Oct 2005Sat 19-Nov-05 12:55 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 3

Any SD (Secure Digital) memory card. Depends on what you intend to use your camera for. If you need to take rapid shots for say sport get a faster card. If you just take 1 shot at a time a standard speed card will get you going if your on a tight budget. Try and stick to branded cards as they have better warranty's if the card fails. Also remember that if you intend to shoot in RAW a 512MB card will store approx 70 Images. i would get a 512MB as a minimum. Hope i have been of some help. BTW the D50 was my first DSLR and i can tell you you will not be diapointed.

jsaniuk Registered since 18th Nov 2005Sat 19-Nov-05 02:53 AM
#5. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 0

is secure digital sandisk? thanks also are those 2 lens i mentioned really bad

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Sat 19-Nov-05 05:16 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 5

eugene, US

SD is the name of a kind of card. They have many different brands on them Lexar and Sandisk are the two main ones in the US.

ledmun

debarshiduttagupta Registered since 07th Nov 2005Sun 20-Nov-05 02:12 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D50 Please Look"
In response to Reply # 5

Kolkata, IN

I have the 70-300 G which I use with my Film F75 and F80 and now I have the D50. The 70-300 will take good photos , considering its price I think its a very good lens at that price range. It is bang for the buck. The only thing is make sure you use a monopod or a tripod whereever you can with the D50 abd 70-300G combination to avoid camera shake as it is effectively a 105-450 mm on the D50. I get fairly good results and sharp results at around f8/11 @ 200mm. Also make sure that you buy atleast a 1GB card, in that case you can take around 280 shots at JPEG - Large - Fine setting.

Happy clicking.

Debarshi

When people love your photos that is your best reward !

When people love your photos that is your best reward !

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #523 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.