nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I had wait a week to ask this question, contemplating b

MINGZNIKONIAN

Regina, CA
437 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MINGZNIKONIAN Registered since 28th Oct 2005
Fri 28-Oct-05 10:40 PM

Hello,

First of all, I now realize how much I miss this forum, after like a week without it~~

Anyways, I was wondering if fellowing nikonian can help me decide. My collection of lens are limited to the following:

-18-55mm (aka, D50 kit lens)
-50mm f1.8
-70-300m G

A friend of mine is heading to Hong Kong in the coming month and I will ask him to help me buy a lens there for obvious reason. I wanted a lens that will replace my D50 kit lens, a fast lens like the tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 is perfect for me. The problem with this lens is there seem to be a lot of bad copies, and because I couldn't test this lens before purchasing it, I don't want to take the risk, or should it?

The other option is to get a sharp 85mm f1.8 and keep my D50 kit lens for now... but is it worth it? since i have the 50mm already, is the extra reach worth the dollar?

Okok, perhaps i should elaborate the type of shoot i do:
-Candid portrait type of shoot
-Street photography, you know, take a walk downtown, photo here and there, people doing interesting things
-more indoor, less outdoor
-wide angle, not too important for me
-70-200mm is great range for me, but a poor student like me can't afford the premium $$.
-not a fan of flash photography, don't own a SB800, perhaps after using one will change my mind... LoL

MINGZCAN

http://www.pbase.com/mingzcan

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I had wait a week to ask this question, contemplati

G