Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #509
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?" Previous topic | Next topic
kbsmith Registered since 18th Nov 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 04:40 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?"

I am in the process of buying a D50 (body only) from an online store and they are telling be it does not come with a memory card. Is this true?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RMPierce Registered since 18th Nov 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 04:45 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?"
In response to Reply # 0

Pittsburgh, US

That is true. You have to buy an SD card. I recommend one of the faster ones from Sandisk, in 500MB to 1GB size. They run about $80-90 for the Ultra II 1GB, and $105-115 for the Extreme III 1GB.

You can get slower, less expensive cards if you don't plan to shoot continuous very often.

RMP

kbsmith Registered since 18th Nov 2005Fri 18-Nov-05 06:19 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?"
In response to Reply # 1

OK, thanks. The camera is for my wife for photos of the kids and what not. Will the less expensive (slower speed) 500MB cards be sufficient for her. She won't be taking a series of rapid continous photos.

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Fri 18-Nov-05 08:00 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?"
In response to Reply # 2

eugene, US

Oh yes she will -- kids are fast with expressions and movement.

ledmun

Drewhound Registered since 01st Mar 2007Sat 19-Nov-05 12:33 AM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Does the D50 (body only) come with a memory card?"
In response to Reply # 3

It depends what you want. I've got a 66x card and an old 10x card. On best JPGs the fast one gets around 12/14 shots before it slows and the slow one around 11, ie not much difference. After that the slow one is slower but the difference is not that great

On Raw files it's 4 at speed and then it slows down with both cards but the slow card is really slow after that, it's the only time I've noticed a worthwhile difference (it really does feel like an age but that's my impatience I guess lol)

I've read, but can't confirm, that the camera itself can't operate at more than 40x. Maybe somebody knows more about that.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #509 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.