Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #491
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any way around the 30 minute limit with remote?" Previous topic | Next topic
snugelbune1 Basic MemberThu 17-Nov-05 04:56 PM
433 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any way around the 30 minute limit with remote?"

moved to Westchester, US

Hi all,

So I wanted to do some experimenting with really long open shutter times (north star, etc...) and to do so I'd need to have an open shutter for *gulp* three hours at least. Well, I have the remote and see that it says the maximum open shutter time is 30 minutes. Does anyone know how I can have a 3 hour open shutter or am I just stuck not being able to do so with this camera? *obviously not going to hold my finger there and hold my breath for 3 hours!*

Michelle

Michelle
Please let me learn every time I shoot.
http://www.shutterbunny.net

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Thu 17-Nov-05 07:40 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any way around the 30 minute limit with remote?"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

The 30 minute limit is a design of the camera. If you want more, take successive exposures and blend them in PS.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #491 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.