Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44588
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?" Previous topic | Next topic
Sarah79 Registered since 10th Oct 2013Thu 10-Oct-13 06:20 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?"

FI

After many years sitting in the back of the cupboard I've finally started using my D50 again. I've had lots of fun shooting portraits with a 50mm prime lens, all of which look surprisingly pretty given the age (and I'm sorry to say, neglect) of this camera body.

I've decided I need to purchase a landscape lens, and have the Tokina 11-16mm in mind. Before forking out the cash on Amazon, though, I need to be 100% sure that it is compatible. From my research I believe it is, but the requirements when it comes to needing an autofocus motor always stump me. Am I correct in assuming that this lens will autofocus on the D50 camera body?

Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm F2.8 DX Lens - Nikon AF Mount

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokina-AT-X-11-16mm-F2-8-Lens/dp/B0014Z5XMK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381385033&sr=8-2&keywords=tokina+11-16mm+nikon

Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 10-Oct-13 01:43 PM
25886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Yes it will.
The D50 has an AF motor built into the camera body and fully supports All Nikon F mount AF lenses including those made by third parties with the exception of the Nikkor 80mm t/2.8 and 200mm f/3.5 made for the Nikon F3AF.

BTW:
When you get a few minutes please fill in your last name.

We always encourage our members to fill in their real first and last names, and have made that issue a part of our Terms of Use.

The intent is to foster a community of "real people" instead of mysterious web personalities with anonymous screen names. Doing this helps to establish and maintain a safe, civil and friendly environment.

Thanks in advance.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

isail2 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2004Sun 12-Jan-14 03:42 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?"
In response to Reply # 0

La Paz, MX

I can only speak for the quality of Tokina, I'm not a D50 user but have owned 2 other Tokina lenses, a 12-24, a 100 macro ATX pro and just Yesterday ordered my third the 16-28 2.8. Tokina makes a wonderful piece of glass.IUf It fits, and I suspect it will, you will not be disappointed
Tom Ireton

Tireton

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

f5titan Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2006Sun 12-Jan-14 03:51 AM
681 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?"
In response to Reply # 0

HILO, US

The Tokina 11-16mm lens was a direct competitor to the Sigma EX 10-20mm f4-5.6DC HSM lens which is also a good choice and will work well on the D50.
I use this Sigma lens on my D70 with very good results.

"Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44588 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.