nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Newbie-just bought a new lens!

redmomof4

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
redmomof4 Registered since 31st Jan 2013
Tue 05-Feb-13 02:09 AM

Just wanted to stop in an introduce myself. I bought a D40X from my sister in law about a year ago and have loved it much since. I have the 18-55 kit lens which I have really seen the limitations to this when taking pictures of my children's sports etc... But for everyday outside pictures, its been fine. I bought a 50mm 1.8 a while back ago and use that frequently. But have been longing for something new. I just purchased a Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 and am excited about trying something new. I'm restraining myself from buying the next two lenses that I want since Mother's Day and my anniversary are both coming up. Here is what I think I want Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 & Tamron 70-200mm 70-200 f/2.8 but I am open to suggestions. I use my camera for pictures of my children and family mostly (sports, concerts, outside playing, birthdays etc... and vaca pictures) Is there anything you think I "need"?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Newbie-just bought a new lens!

G