Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44440
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 and SB27 speedlight" Previous topic | Next topic
sangam Registered since 18th Oct 2012Sun 11-Nov-12 01:38 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 and SB27 speedlight"

IN

I am using Nikon gear for last 15+ years. I am having D60. I also have SB27 speedlight from my earlier gear. Does SB 27 work well like it did with my earlier N70?.
I am having issues using it with D60.

Thanks
Sunil

Regards
Sunil

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 11-Nov-12 10:56 AM
25943 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 and SB27 speedlight"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Sunil,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The SB-27 was designed for Film cameras using Film TTL Flash Control like your N70.
The D60 uses i-TTL Flash Control which is not compatible with Film TTL Flash Control. Therefore to use the SB-27 on your D60 you will be limited setting the SB-27 in Non-TTL Auto Flash Control (I am not sure it can be set with the SB-27 mounted in the hotshoe of a DSLR) or Manual Flash Control and the Camera set in Manual Exposure mode and Manual ISO mode.

BTW:

Please fill in your last name in your User Profile.
Thanks in advance.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44440 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.