Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44430
View in linear mode

Subject: "nikon d40" Previous topic | Next topic
aguilmain Registered since 09th Oct 2012Tue 09-Oct-12 08:27 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"nikon d40"

US

I am wondering why my nikon d40 wants to hesitate to shoot pics. I can have it focused all the way out and still no pic. does anyone have a solution to my problem

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Tue 09-Oct-12 08:58 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: nikon d40"
In response to Reply # 0

Southern CT, US

Hi,

When you say "focused all the way out" do you mean you have zoomed in to the maximum?

Also, If by "hesitation" you mean that it is not auto-focusing, (the red square will flash in the viewfinder, you may be too close or not have enough light.

If it is auto-focusing, and are using flash, you may have the red-eye reduction option on.

Visit My Nikonians Gallery.

Visit My web page.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 10-Oct-12 03:23 AM
26144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: nikon d40"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.

What AF mode are you using: AF-A, AF-S, or AF-C?
In AF-S mode the shutter will not release unless the cameras AF system has locked focus.

If you are using flash, is the flash ready light (lightning bolt symbol) in the viewfinder lit before you release the shutter?

If yes, is Red-Eye Reduction mode On? If yes, (assuming you are in P,S,A, or M exposure modes) Turn it OFF: while pressing the flash button and rotate the Command Dial until only the lightning bolt symbol is displayed in the top LCD display.

Is the Self Timer turned ON?

Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44430 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.