nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
BillinBoston

Hyde Park, MA, US
108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BillinBoston Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Mar 2012
Sun 17-Jun-12 03:09 PM

Hi All,

I currently use a D60, and have a Nikkor 18-55. 55-200, 300 F4, and TC 1.4, all AF-S. Ever since buying the 300 a few months ago, I've done nothing but birds and wildlife, I've been so happy with the glass on the 300.

Next month, my daughter and I are touring middle-America from Carolina to Kansas, with a few points further south. I'm hoping to do some good general landscape photography: hills, lakes, thunder-heads, farm buildings, etc.

My guess is that I will not be as happy shooting the above with my current zoom lenses, as I have been shooting birds with my prime.

Question #1: Is the quality of the glass on the 18-55 about the same as on the 55-200?

Question #2: Do you agree that I am unlikely to get professional-looking photos from my 18-55 and 55-200?

Question #3: If you were going to buy ONE prime AF-S Nikon lens for general landscape use (and you already had a TC 1.4), which would it be?

Many thanks,
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D60 landscape lens