Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44289
View in linear mode

Subject: "Scratches on the LCD screen" Previous topic | Next topic
Derek Mc Registered since 16th May 2012Thu 24-May-12 07:28 AM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Scratches on the LCD screen"

Stewarton, GB

I bought my D60 s/h for a very good price indeed it has however got some light scratches on the LCD screen not enough to impare the vision but you can see them visibly.

My thoughts, do I :-

1. Use a plastic screen saver stick-on
2. Find a light abrasive and polish it out (slightly concerned at this idea have to admit unless others tell me it's simple
3. Ignore it as it is cosmetic.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 24-May-12 03:15 PM
25745 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Scratches on the LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Derek,

By trying to polish the scratches out, you might cause additional damage that may require replacing the LCD screen.
I would just live for the scratches.
Adding a screen protector will help prevent getting addition scratches on the LCD.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Derek Mc Registered since 16th May 2012Thu 24-May-12 03:26 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Scratches on the LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 1

Stewarton, GB

Thanks you echo my thinking, it would be a vanity thing to polish them out.

I did this lunchtime butcher a spare anti-scratch screen from my Tomtom and it masks the scratch perfectly so will invest in a pack and Job done!

Derek Mc Registered since 16th May 2012Sun 03-Jun-12 08:30 AM
#3. "RE: Scratches on the LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 0

Stewarton, GB

I took delivery of a pack of LCD screen ant scratch protectors, fitted one yesterday as per the instructions and VOILA!!!!

Best £2.45 I ever spent.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44289 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.